New York’s four commercial casinos continued its recent trend of seeing increased sports betting revenue.
Tioga Downs in Nichols, Del Lago in Waterloo, Rivers in Schenectady and Resorts World Catskills in Monticello combined for nearly $1.9 million ($1,858,642) in sports betting revenue for June, up 16.9% from May. It’s the second month-to-month increase in sports betting. The state saw a 20.2% increase from April to May.
Check Out: New York’s Hometown Heroes
New York does not release monthly handle figures, just revenue. More help is on the way for New York gambling. The state released its Request for Applications for online betting NY operators as it hopes to launch the market by the 2022 Super Bowl.
According to figures from the New York State Gaming Commission, each of the four casinos experienced increases in June revenue.
- Rivers (BetRivers Sportsbook NY): $770,122 in June compared to $641,102 in May.
- Del Lago (DraftKings): $626,478 in June compared to $558,555 in May.
- Resorts World Catskills (bet365 New York): $314,845 in June compared to $307,607 in May.
- Tioga Downs (FanDuel): $147,197 in June compared to $85,550 in May.
June’s total revenue was the second-best month this year behind January, which had the benefit of the NFL season. During January, total revenue reached nearly $3.6 million ($3,569,855).
Next Steps in NY for Sports Betting
With the application process starting on July 9 and questions because of the New York State Gaming Commission on July 16, here’s the rest of the timeline in N.Y.:
- July 9: Application process starts.
- July 16: Applicants’ first questions are due by 3 p.m. ET.
- July 22: The NYSGC response to those first questions will be released.
- July 27: Applicants’ second questions are due by 3 p.m. ET.
- Aug. 2: NYSGC’s second response to the second set of questions will be released.
- Aug. 9: All applications are due by 4 p.m. ET.
- Sept. 1: Oral presentations of those applications may begin.
- Before Dec. 6: Selection of applicants considered for licensure will be announced.
It’s expected that big operators like DraftKings Sportsbook,FanDuel Sportsbook and BetMGM will be interested in the New York online sports betting market..