Latest New York Jets Playoff Chances
The Jets playoff chances are 5%, ranking them third behind the Dolphins, Bills and ahead of the Patriots in the AFC East. Below are the Jets' playoff chances.
|💪 Jets Playoff Chances||5% chance|
|❌ Jets Miss Playoffs||95% chance|
|🏆 Jets Win Super Bowl||.12% chance|
|👑 Jets Win AFC||.2% chance|
|🔥 Jets Win AFC East||.01% chance|
|✅ Last Updated||November 30, 2023|
The Jets' playoff picture is calculated using the implied probability of the team's odds to make the postseason. Converting the Jets playoff odds of +1800, per FanDuel New York Sportsbook, to make the playoffs, provides the 5% chance highlighted above. That leaves a 95% chance that the Jets will miss the playoffs in the AFC.
New York Jets Week-by-Week Playoff Chances
Here's how the Jets' playoff chances have changed week-to-week in the 2023 NFL Season.
|After Week 1||32% chance|
|After Week 2||20% chance|
|After Week 3||13% chance|
|After Week 4||11% chance|
|After Week 5||11% chance|
|After Week 6||18% chance|
|After Week 7||24% chance|
|After Week 8||31% chance|
|After Week 9||29% chance|
|After Week 10||15% chance|
|After Week 11||9% chance|
|After Week 12||5% chance|
The Jets are 4-7 on the season following their 34-13 loss to the Dolphins this past Friday. The Jets have now lost four straight games as they get set to entertain the Atlanta Falcons in Week 13.
New York Jets Playoff Odds: Latest Updates
Below is a list of team moves that could factor in to the Jets' playoff chances.
- 🗓️ November 21: Promoted QB Trevor Siemian from the practice squad to the active roster. Signed CB Craig James to the practice squad.
- 🗓️ November 14: Jets release RB Michael Carter.
- 🗓️ October 31: Signed OL Rodger Saffold and DL Jalyn Holmes to the practice squad. Placed C Connor McGovern, G Wes Schweitzer and DT Al Woods on injured reserve.
- 🗓️ October 18: Traded WR Mecole Hardman to Kansas City.
- 🗓️ October 14: Placed CB Justin Hardee on injured reserve. Promoted DB Craig James and DB Ke'Montae Hayes to the active roster from the practice squad. Signed OL Carter Warren to the active roster.
- 🗓️ October 11: Placed OL Alijah Vera-Tucker on injured reserve.
- 🗓️ October 3: Signed CBs Craig James, Tae Hayes and Kalon Barnes to the practice squad. Released OT Cedric Ogbuehi, OL Chris Glaser and CB Nehemiah Shelton from the practice squad.
- 🗓️ September 26: The Jets sign QB Trevor Siemian to the practice squad.
- 🗓️ September 24: The Jets lose their 2nd straight game, falling to the Patriots 15-10. QB Zach Wilson struggled in the passing game , accounting for 157 yards through the air. Jets were only able to rush for 38 yards as a team in the home loss.
- 🗓️ September 23: Placed OL Duane Brown on injured reserve.
- 🗓️ September 18: The Jets fall to 1 and 1 on the season with a 30-10 loss in Dallas against the Cowboys. QB Zach Wilson struggled as he threw three interceptions. The Jets ran for just 64 yards and the Jets defense was shredded as they allowed 382 total yards to Dallas in the loss.
- 🗓️ September 16: Signed QB Tm Boyle to the active roster.
- 🗓️ September 12: Placed QB Aaron Rodgers on injured reserve
- 🗓️ September 11: The Jets opened the season with a win over the Bills, but QB Aaron Rodgers suffered a season-ending Achilles injury.
Key Contributors Toward Jets Playoff Chances
The Jets have now lost four straight games as they get set to entertain the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday in Week 13. Gang Green will start Tim Boyle for a second straight week. Boyle threw for 179 yards with a touchdown and two interceptions in the loss to Miami. The Jets are now 4-7 on the season with an offense that is on their third different starting quarterback and has scored just 10 offensive touchdowns and is quite simply a lifeless offense. They are averaging a tad over 260 yards per game and just under 15 points per game. It continues to be the headline and the reason for the Jets struggles this year. Blame goes all the way around from talent to execution to coaching on offense and is the main reason why the Jets are on the outside looking in in the playoff picture in the AFC.
The strength for the Jets has been their defense, but they are getting worn down. Linebacker C.J. Mosley leads the team in tackles with 114 on the season. The Jets have 28 sacks as a team and Bryce Huff leads the way with six sacks. The Jets defense enters games knowing they have no margin for error and they are not wrong, which has led to a pressing nature on defense where penalties and sloppy play have become common place.
If the Jets are to get back into any playoff picture this season in the AFC, they must defeat the Falcons on Sunday and snap their four-game losing streak.
Where Can I Bet on the New York Jets to Make the Playoffs?
You can bet on the Jets' playoff chances and Jets' Super Bowl odds with any NY sportsbook, including BetMGM NY, Caesars NY, FanDuel and DraftKings NY. Injuries always effect the futures markets in the NFL. The Jets playoff chances and Super Bowls odds have dipped for three straight weeks. after the season ending injury to QB Aaron Rodgers and two straight losses.
My top-rated New York sports betting app is BetMGM NY, which offers a range of features to help you maximize your bets.
Looking Ahead: New York Jets Playoff Picture
The Jets are 4-7 as they enter their Week 13 matchup at home against the Atlanta Falcons. The Jets have now lost four straight games after getting dismantled by the Dolphins 34-13 on Friday. The Jets have a 5% chance to make the playoffs according to FanDuel. The Jets will once again start Tim Boyle at quarterback on Sunday against Atlanta.
No knock on Tim Boyle, but he is not the solution at quarterback. The Jets, however, do not have a healthy solution at the quarterback position. Aaron Rodgers continues to rehab from his ruptured Achilles injury with hopes of returning to the team at some point before the end of the season. The Jets offense has scored just 10 offensive touchdowns and are averaging 260 yards of offense per game. The Jets' third-down conversion rate is among the worst in the league. Quite simply, the Jets do nothing well as an offensive group.
The Jets have a playoff-caliber defense. Linebackers Quincy Williams and C.J. Mosley are tackling machines and the Jets have remarkable depth along the defensive line. The Jets defense will continue to keep their team in games, but they have little to no margin for error when they take the field. The Jets fail week in and week out to play complimentary football and that has proven to be their demise and the biggest reason why they have lost four straight games.
Do the Jets Have a Chance to Make the Playoffs?
Yes, the Jets have a chance to make the playoffs. The Jets have now lost four straight games after their 34-13 loss to the Dolphins on Friday. The Jets are 4-7 on the season and still have a chance to make the playoffs, but they have taken a massive hit. The Jets are three-point underdogs at home against the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday in Week 12.
NY Sportsbooks give the Jets a 5% chance of making the playoffs.
Are the New York Jets Out of the Playoffs?
No, the Jets are not out of the playoff race in the AFC. At 4-7, the Jets have a 5% chance to make the playoffs according to FanDuel Sportsbook. Every team is still in contention in the AFC and nobody has been eliminated.
New York Jets Postseason Outlook and Predictions
The Jets' playoff chances have taken a hit the past month as they have lost four straight games. The Jets are 4-7 on the season and are getting set to entertain the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday afternoon. The Jets' playoff chances in the AFC are on life support. The offense is amongst the worst in the NFL and have turned to Tim Boyle again to start this week against Atlanta. The failures of the offense have infested every phase of the team. The coaching staff has done a poor job game planning for opponents. The Jets have also hurt themselves with penalties and sloppy play. Their red-zone touchdown percentage is amongst the worst in the NFL and they have scored just 10 offensive touchdowns this season.
When you look at the overall complexion of the AFC, the Jets have lost four straight and are trending in the wrong direction. They are 4-7 on the season and are tied with the Chargers and Titans for the second worst record in the AFC, just ahead of the Patriots. The Jets are desperate for a win Sunday against Atlanta. A victory would help, along with three more in a row, to get the Jets back into realistic playoff position in the AFC. Right now, the Jets appear to be heading in the wrong direction. A season that started where the Jets were the focus of the NFL with Aaron Rodgers at quarterback has imploded before our very eyes.
New York Jets 2023 Offseason Timeline
- 🗓️ August 17: RB Breece Hall returned to the first-team offense ... RT Mekhi Becton took 11-on-11 reps.
- 🗓️ August 15: RB Dalvin Cook, a four-time Pro Bowl selection, signed a one-year contract.
- 🗓️ July 19: Jets traded WR Denzel Mims to the Lions for a pair of low draft picks. The signings of Allen Lazard, Mecole Hardman Jr. and Randall Cobb left him as the odd man out.
- 🗓️ May 3: Former Packers WR Randall Cobb teams back up with his one-time QB on the Jets.
- 🗓️ May 2: The Jets decline OT Mekhi Becton's fifth-year option.
- 🗓️ April 30: Pittsburgh OT Carter Warren, Pittsburgh RB Israel Abanikanda, Western Michigan LB Zaire Barnes, LSU DB Jarrick Bernard-Converse and Old Dominion TE Zack Kuntz are drafted to the Jets on Day 3 of the 2023 NFL Draft.
- 🗓️ April 29: The Jets draft Wisconsin OL Joe Tippmann in the second round of the 2023 NFL Draft.
- 🗓️ April 28: The Jets draft Iowa St. edge rusher Will McDonald IV with the No. 15 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.
- 🗓️ April 24: The Jets re-sign guard Connor McGovern.
- 🗓️ April 24: QB Aaron Rodgers' trade to the Jets finally becomes official. The Packers traded their 2023 first-round pick (No. 15) and a 2023 fifth-round pick (No. 170) to the Jets for New York's 2023 first-round pick (No. 13), a 2023 second-round pick (No. 42), a 2023 sixth-round pick (No. 207) and a conditional 2024 second-round pick.
- 🗓️ April 7: The Jets sign punter Thomas Morstead.
- 🗓️ April 6: The Jets sign QB Tim Boyle and DL Quinton Jefferson.
- 🗓️ March 23: WR Elijah Moore is traded to the Browns for a second-round draft pick. The Jets sign former Chiefs WR Mecole Hardman Jr.
- 🗓️ March 17: The Jets sign WR Allen Lazard, a former Packers teammate of Aaron Rodgers. The Jets also re-sign DT Solomon Thomas.
- 🗓️ March 16: The Jets re-sign kicker Greg Zuerlein.
- 🗓️ March 15: The Ravens trade for safety Chuck Clark to the Jets.
- 🗓️ March 15: The Jets release WR Braxton Berrios.
- 🗓️ March 14: Then-Packer Aaron Rodgers says publicly for the first time that he intends to play for the Jets in 2023 after months of speculation about his return to Green Bay.
- 🗓️ Jan. 26: Former Broncos head coach Nathaniel Hackett was announced as the Jets offensive coordinator. Hackett previously coached Aaron Rodgers with Green Bay as their offensive coordinator from 2019-2021.
New York Jets Playoffs FAQs
Following three straight losses, the New York Jets' playoff chances have dipped to 5%. In Week 13, the Jets host the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday.
No, the Jets are not out of the playoffs. All 32 NFL teams are technically in playoff contention for the 2023-24 NFL season. As we enter Week 13, the Jets are 4-7 on the season and are three-point underdogs at home to the Atlanta Falcons.
Yes, the Jets have a chance to make the playoffs. They are 4-7 on the season and their playoff chances are currently 5%, according to FanDuel Sportsbook NY. The Jets' playoff chances have taken a major hit with four straight losses as they get set to entertain the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday.
You can bet on the Jets to make/miss the playoffs through NY sportsbooks, including BetMGM, FanDuel and more. You can bet on the Jets to win the AFC East, AFC Championship and the Super Bowl, as well as several of wager types.
Marc has worked in the New York market since 2000. He is currently the lead sports anchor at WPIX and weekend host on WFAN. Marc has worked at CBS Sports Radio, Sirius XM and SNY. Marc has a vast knowledge of New York sports and will be covering the New York Jets throughout the 2023 season.