We have reviewed all 9 legal NY online betting sites. The 5 betting operators mentioned above provide New York sports bettors with legal betting promo offers and bonuses that are all verified. Check out all promo codes at NY sportsbooks here.
All 9 LIVE New York Sportsbooks
There are nine live New York sportsbooks taking bets. Each of the operators is unique, catering to individual betting styles. This is what distinguishes each sportsbook in the market.
Now that we outlined the best feature of NY sports betting operators, let's break down 6 of the best New York online betting sites sports bettors in the Empire State love to use.
🆕 Best For New Bettors In New York
BetMGM Sportsbook New York quickly gained a major foothold in the NY sports betting market by using high-profile promotions and offering a fantastic user experience. Although it has suspended its welcome offers to New York sports bettors, it remains the leader throughout the state.
The operator with Jamie Foxx featured in its ads has the kind of name recognition that makes new bettors feel comfortable, and it offers a straightforward experience with no strings attached and ample access to wagers that beginners can tackle.
- Current Promo: N/A
- Promo code: EMPIRENY
🏆 Best For Daily Fantasy + Sports Wagering
FanDuel NY Sportsbook is one of the big beasts of the sports betting scene in New York – and the United States. It has a reputation of offering attractive bonuses, competitive odds and a superb interface. FD emerged as a Daily Fantasy Sports operator before sports betting was legalized in the United States. European gaming giant Paddy Power Betfair bought FD to ease its expansion into the U.S. FanDuel Sportsbook. It now is live in about 20 states.
- Current Promo: Bet $5, Get $200 in Bonus Bets + $100 Off NFL Sunday Ticket
- Promo code: N/A
📈 Best For Points Betting
The PointsBet NY sportsbook was the sixth operator to launch its mobile New York sports betting app in the state, back in 2022. After a short hiatus. It's back with a profitable promo for New York sports bettors.
- Current Promo: 5 Second-Chance Bets = $500 value
- Promo Code: N/A
📱 Best For App Users
BetRivers Sportsbook New York has won rave reviews for the quality of its software and app – New York bettors can look forward to a great sports betting experience. Initially the BetRivers app had lag times, but BetRivers has made many updates to fix these issues and has moved to the head of the class. Among the upgrades: clearing a geolocation hurdle.
- Current Promo: 2nd Chance Bet Up To $100
- Promo Code: EMPIRERIV
👑 Widest Variety Of Odds Markets
One of the best New York sportsbooks, Caesars Sportsbook New York – part of the Caesars Entertainment brand – is well-regarded and offers markets on a wide range of sports.
Caesars sportsbook covers everything New York sports bettors could be looking for in 2023, from the four major United States leagues – NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB – to international sports such as soccer, tennis, golf, auto racing and MMA, to more niche sports such as darts, lacrosse, cycling and rugby. You are very likely to find your sport of choice here.
- Current Promo: Bet $50, Get $250 in Bonus Bets
- Promo Code: EMPIREGET
🙌 Best Interface
WynnBET Sportsbook New York was a late entry to the US sportsbook market but among the earliest New York sports betting options. State residents who are sports-betting clients will find a user-friendly app and plenty of available sports markets.
The WynnBET interface is beautiful, a standout among online NY sportsbooks. The site is easy to navigate, in part because it offers a streamlined list of events instead of every sport under the sun. Live betting options are easy to access.
- Current Promo: None
- Promo Code: TBD
Is Sports Betting Legal In New York?
Yes, sports betting in New York is legal. You're free to place any sports bets online or in-person at New York casinos anywhere throughout the state. Launched in January 2022, there are currently nine sportsbooks available to bet at online.
Passed in April 2021, online NY sports betting moved fast, approving nine sportsbooks that following November, just a couple months before users could bet from the comfort of their own home.
When Did Each NY Sportsbook Launch?
Online sports betting in NY quickly became the biggest legal sports betting market in the United States. Since then the New York sports betting market has continued to flourish, offering NY promo codes to new customers each and every day.
New York Sports Betting: What You Should Know
If you are interested in how to bet on trusted NY sportsbooks, take a look at our reviews, tutorials, and information to get started. And when you're ready to register for New York sportsbooks, follow these steps:
These steps are generic, but all operators follow them in some form.
How Do New York Bonus Bets Work?
New York online sportsbook bonuses are incentives given to bettors to download their apps and place their bets. Sportsbooks promotions vary depending on the sports betting season. To see all available promotions, visit the NY sportsbooks promos page and choose the one right for you.
Do All NY Sportsbooks Have Mobile Apps?
Yes, sportsbook operators offer NY mobile betting for bettors in the Empire state. EmpireStakes.com has app reviews for the top New York sportsbooks, from Caesars Sportsbook New York to BetMGM Sportsbook NY to WynnBET Sportsbook New York and more. I break down everything you need to know to make the right decision when downloading your betting app.
What Are The Types Of Bets NY Online Sports Betting Sites Offer?
There are at least 8 types of sports bets below that bettors in New York can try.
Moneyline This is the simplest wager. Just decide which team or athlete you think will win a match and place your bet. The odds-on the favorite will carry a minus sign and show how much you have to stake to win $100; the odds on the outsider have a plus sign and display how much you win if you wager $100.
Parlay Parlays, also known as accumulators, are wagers on two or more outcomes. You place a single stake and the odds are multiplied for every correct selection. This means you can get handsome returns for a small outlay, but all your picks have to win.
Over/Under Also known as a totals bet, this is a wager on the overall number of points to be scored by both teams in a match. If you think it will be more than a figure set by the sportsbook in New York, you go over; if you think it will be fewer, you opt for the under figure.
Point Spread This is a good way to get more attractive odds on a favorite. The spread effectively will handicap one side by giving its opponent a notional head start. If the favorite wins by that amount or more, that is known as "covering the spread." In this case, if you have bet on the favorite, you are a winner.
Future Operators will give you the opportunity to wager on events that will not be decided for some time. For instance, you might want to wager on the New York Yankees to win the World Series weeks or months before it happens; a futures bet will enable you to do so.
Prop Bet Proposition bets relate to particular outcomes within an event that are not connected to the overall result. For instance, you might want to place a wager on a player to score a certain number of points, or on which team will score first, or on how many strikes a pitcher will throw.
Live Betting Advances in digital technology mean that sportsbooks can update odds instantly during a match or race. That allows bettors to place bets while an event is underway in response to the way the action is going.
Is Odds Pricing Important When Sports Betting In NY?
Yes, odds shopping can be what differentiates the all-stars from the rookies when it comes to betting. The main reason behind having accounts with multiple sportsbooks is that you can compare odds. For example, just before the 2022 US Open, I checked out Matteo Berrettini's odds to win. He was +2000 at Caesars but +3300 at BetMGM. Same wager, if it won, would pay a lot more at one operator vs. another, so why would I not put my money where I stood to make the better return?
Online Sports Betting NY: Odds Boosts
NY Odds Boosts tend to be used as a way to entice existing sports betting customers in New York to enjoy a wager. Look out for special offers from NY betting sites that mean your winnings on a particular event will be increased from the earlier price.
The best way to keep up with odds boosts is downloading a mobile sports betting app so you can check odds for each book as your day progresses.
NY Betting Sites Deposit Bonuses
This is another method whereby NY online sportsbooks make their welcome for new customers even warmer. In this case, the amount you deposit in your new account is boosted – by up to 100 percent. That gives you some serious extra wagering power at your favorite New York sportsbooks.
Online Sports Betting NY: Bet Credits
Many operators use this as a sign-up bonus, and its attraction is that it guarantees a non-losing start to your relationship with an operator. If your first bet wins, you get your winnings. If it loses, you get your money back as credits to carry on wagering. This is a great way to attract customers to New York online sports betting.
No-deposit bonuses are rarely spotted but highly valued when they do put in an appearance in the NY betting world. Sign up for a new account and the New York mobile sports betting site will put some cash in it. This is more common among casinos than sportsbooks, but Barstool Sports, for example, has offered a $10 no-deposit bonus to new customers in some states.
Sportsbook Loyalty Offers
Some sportsbooks use extra methods to encourage extended loyalty among their customers. These include VIP programs and free bets in return for placing a certain number of wagers in a short time and are made available only to committed and active bettors at NY legal sportsbooks.
How Do Sportsbook Deposits/Withdrawals Work In New York?
Deposit and withdrawal methods vary from operator to operator, so you should carefully read the terms and conditions at any sportsbook before you open an account. Options generally include some, many or all of the following:
- Debit and Credit Cards (deposit only)
- eCheck through VIP Preferred
- Online Banking verified through PayWithMyBank
- Operator prepaid cards
- PayNearMe (deposit only)
- Cash deposits at the retail locations of operators (if applicable)
Do New York Online Sportsbooks Offer Customer Support?
Yes, New York's online sportsbooks offer support options. Generally, they include live chat, e-mail, phone, online ticket submission, call backs and regular mail. Frequently asked questions – FAQs – are a quick and easy way to get the information you need to resolve a problem.
New York Sports Teams You Can Bet On
New York loves its sports teams. And now, New Yorkers love betting on them, too. The ability to wager quickly and easily on the fortunes of your favorite team or athlete adds extra excitement to a match or race. Quite simply, it brings you closer to the action and adds extra meaning to the event.
Here are a few of the most popular futures for NY-based teams this year:
As one of the best teams in the league, it should come as no surprise that plenty of bets have come down on the Bills Super Bowl odds this season.
And even though they look like a near lock to make the postseason, plenty of fans have wagered on the Bills playoff chances as well.
New York Jets
With all the hype around Aaron Rodgers, there was plenty of optimism surrounding the Jets playoff chances this season. While those hopes came crashing down after Rodgers tore his Achilles, Gang Green still has an outside shot at making the postseason. Still, NYJ remains an intriguing dark-horse bet to make the playoffs this year, as it could return some real value if it hits.
New York Giants
After a surprising postseason appearance last year (that even included a win), the New York Giants playoff chances appear slim. Bettors who wagered on them to make the postseason are likely sweating, but this team made a similar turnaround last year, so it's possible we see it again this season.
NFL, NBA Top Leagues To Bet On In New York
NY betting sites offer a full range of US sports for fans to bet on. You won't be short of options no matter what season, no matter what month, and online sportsbooks are open 24 hours a day. You have access to sports and competitions from around the world at New York sportsbooks.
All sportsbooks in NY offer residents a slightly different selection of betting markets. Nevertheless, every operator offers bets on the big four US sports, and the biggest of these by far is the NFL.
New Yorkers have the luxury of three NFL teams to bet on. Between them, the New York Giants, New York Jets, and Buffalo Bills create a massive volume of data on game events that New York sportsbooks can use to offer bets. Every game will have more than 100 ways to wager. Moneyline bets on the outright victors are the simplest way to make NFL bets in New York, but the games offer much more.
NBA betting in New York provides the second-most popular sport in online sports betting. Games are high scoring, which gives eager sports betting fans ample opportunities to bet. To top it off, New York has two teams, the New York Knicks and the Brooklyn Nets, each playing 82 games a year, which keeps contests on your plate as often as possible.
NHL New York betting is fierce, like the NHL itself. While the league is in offseason mode, you can turn your focus to the futures sports betting markets as we await for the first puck drop of the 2023-24 hockey season. The New York Rangers, New York Islanders, and Buffalo Sabres will all be competing for a chance to hold up the coveted Stanley Cup at season's end.
The Yankees and the Mets are two of the most famous sports teams in the world. New York baseball fans are rightly proud of their teams' heritage and sporting record. MLB is the granddaddy of statistics-driven sports. Nine innings per game with three outs per team offers the basis for a lot of betting action. And 162 games a season, with action six days a week, keeps bettors in a rhythm. It's no wonder NY MLB betting is so popular.
New York has followed neighboring New Jersey in its approach to college sports betting. You can bet on NCAA college games, but not if the game involves a New York college sports team and not if the game takes place within New York state lines. That means a chunk of March Madness will remain off-limits this year as will many games in the conference tournaments.
That still leaves plenty of action available. And there is always the chance that a few years of experience will make NY legislators and regulators comfortable with changing the rules for NY betting sites.
If you prefer to back the home side and the US league, New York has you covered with a pair of MLS teams, New York City FC and New York Red Bulls. Soccer has a weekly cadence and is a great sport to pick up with football in its offseason. The games are a tidy 2 hours and you have plenty of time between games to do your research.
The same schedule holds overseas with the wildly popular top-tier matches in Europe. The Premier League, La Liga, Serie A and the Bundesliga offer matches with the world's most expensive rosters and most talented players. And this Spring into Summer the UEFA Champions League brings World Cup quality excitement to midweek matches.
Tennis, Golf and UFC
New York being New York, there is broad appetite for other international sports as well: Tennis betting is massive around the world, and the Empire State is no exception. NY sportsbooks offer thrills as there are matches nearly every day of the calendar year. Golf is another sport with a big betting footprint. The PGA Tour, the European Tour, LIV Golf and the LPGA all bring NY betting opportunities four days a week for most weeks of the year. Lastly in this category, New York sportsbooks love pushing out promos for UFC and other MMA events. The hype is real.
Other Markets Available
- E-Sports – E-sports are in the same wagering category as other professional sports in New York, so E-sports fans should be able to find an opportunity for wagering at more than one of the available sportsbooks. As E-sports grow, wagering opportunities will grow here as well.
- Horse Racing – Fans of the ponies will find plenty of action, online, at tracks and at brick-and-mortar establishments such as Yellow Brick Road Casino.
- Daily Fantasy Sports – The online granddaddy that helped get all of this rolling. Many people entering the market are familiar with FanDuel Sportsbook NY because of its DFS legacy and leadership.
What Can You NOT Bet On?
As mentioned already, you cannot bet on college sports played in New York or involving a team/university based in New York. In addition, you cannot wager on high school or other youth sports. And you can beat on players winning awards if they are based on stats, such as someone winning a home run title. Betting is not allowed if awards are won by voting.
Outside of sports, betting is illegal on any political event, such Presidential Election odds and other local and national elections, anywhere in the United States. Betting on entertainment events such as the Oscars is not allowed in New York (but it has been in New Jersey since 2019, if you are interested enough and close enough to get there).
NY Sports Teams' Current Odds To Win A Title This Season
The Buffalo Bills, New York Jets and New York Rangers are top 10 in their leagues to win the next championship that is up for grabs in their sport.
Odds from BetMGM Sportsbook. Last updated November 2023.
When it comes to teams, of course, sports fans have some of the most famous names in the world to wager on at sportsbooks in New York.
New York Sportsbooks: Retail Vs. Online Sportsbooks
For most people, New York online sports betting is a fun leisure activity that adds a little extra spice to the experience of watching their favorite sports or teams. That sense of excitement is there if you attend a retail sportsbook in person to place your wager.
However, it is hard to deny that the growth in popularity of mobile betting in recent years has added considerably to the ease and convenience of placing a wager which is where mobile sports betting comes in.
New York Mobile Sports Betting
Rather than having to leave your home, you now can enjoy sports betting without leaving your armchair. NY mobile sports betting apps are so sophisticated, with such a keen focus on streamlining the customer experience, that it is hard to imagine how much easier it could be to place a wager.
As newcomers to New York online sports betting, fans are able to enjoy that convenience legally for the first time.
It is also easy to access bonuses and promotions when online sports betting on your mobile device. And the ease of mobile sports betting means you can place a wager more quickly, which makes betting on live events a more attractive proposition.
Mobile sports betting is an enhanced wagering experience delivered to your personal cell phone or tablet – no wonder there was a great anticipation over the launch of legal online sports betting.
NY Retail Sports Betting Locations
NY online sports betting is convenient, but some sports bettors in the state like to venture out and check out or more one of the many retail sports betting locations throughout the state.
If you choose not to use one of New York's 9 available sports betting apps, there are four commercial casinos and seven tribal casinos that offer retail sports betting in New York State.
Sports Betting In New York: How It All Started
Months after the green light was granted, the New York State Gaming Commission launched NY sports betting with operators who were granted mobile sports betting licenses on Jan. 8, 2022. Caesars, FanDuel, DraftKings and BetRivers took betting action the first day. Other sportsbooks jumped into the game over the next six months.
Online Sports Betting NY: The Road to Legalization
The trek to legalize online sports betting here began a decade ago. It was a long road, but it has led to the largest betting market in the United States.
- January 8, 2022 - Online New York sports betting goes live with Caesars, FanDuel, DraftKings and BetRivers launching their apps in New York. By the end of the month, New York's total online sports betting handle passed $1 billion, making it the largest legal betting market in the United States.
- November 2021 - The New York Post reports that the names are about to be revealed of the operators licensed to offer sports betting online in New York. The New York Gaming Commission was projecting $10 billion in sports betting in. 2022, with the nearly $1 billion in expected profits split between the state (51%) and the operators (49%).
- August 2021 - Potential online sports betting operators begin to submit their applications to the New York State Gaming Commission.
- April 2021 - New York State legislators pass a budget for 2022 that will allow mobile and online betting to launch in New York. Once fully phased in, the Mobile Sports Wagering program was projected to provide $5 million annually to youth sports and $6 million to combat problem sports betting, doubling the resources currently available. The remainder of this new revenue will be dedicated to education.
- January 2021 - Then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo declares his support for online and mobile sports betting as the state faced a covid-shutdown revenue shortfall upward of $63 billion over four years. “We want to do sports betting the way the state runs the lottery, where the state gets the revenues."
- 2020 - Bills are introduced designed to legalize online betting in New York, but gained little traction with lawmakers as Cuomo was against “irresponsible revenue sources to solve a problem which doesn’t really exist."
- 2019 - New York sports betting is launched at retail outlets, including upstate casinos. Several open over the following months.
- 2018 - PASPA – the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act – is struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court, opening the door for states to license sports betting if they wished. ... Bills promoting sportsbooks came up in the Assembly and Senate, but neither chamber moved past committee stage.
- 2013 - Sports betting in New York is legalized in anticipation of a change in federal law..
Who Regulates Online Sports Betting In New York?
All gambling in New York is administered by the New York State Gaming Commission. This is the organization that ensures all betting sites comply with state law.
It is based in Schenectady and was formed in 2013 following the merger of the New York State Racing and Wagering Board and the New York Lottery.
The commission is the body that decides which groups or operators will receive licenses to operate in New York State. It is in the spotlight as it monitors the sportsbooks allowed to offer online sports betting in New York.
Who Is Joseph P. Addobbo Jr.?
The most important person in the New York legislature when it comes to sports betting is Joseph P. Addobbo Jr. The 58-year-old is a Democrat in the New York State Senate. He represents Howard Beach, Ozone Park, Woodhaven, Glendale, Middle Village, Maspeth and parts of South Ozone Park, Ridgewood, Woodside and The Rockaways, all of which make up the 15th District.
Addabbo Jr. serves as the Chair of the Senate Racing, Gaming and Wagering Committee, which puts him at the helm of legislation that drives the sports betting scene here, and those laws directly affect the climate for all sportsbooks and bettors in New York.
Addobbo Jr. took his spot in the Senate on January 1, 2009. Previously, he was a member of the New York City Council, representing the 32nd District.
The former lawyer is a New Yorker through and through, having attended Archbishop Molloy High School before college at St. John’s and law school at Touro. He is the youngest son of Joseph P. Addobbo Sr., who served New York in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1961-86.
NY Sportsbooks: Rules And Regulations
New York sportsbooks follow the rules and regulations approved by the New York Sate Gaming Commission. These house rules help NY online sportsbooks manage their exposure when it comes to liabilities from disputes with New York sports bettors.
House rules at NY sportsbooks must include the following for the New York Gaming Commission to approve them:
- How NY sportsbooks will calculate and pay winning sports wagers
- How NY betting sites will handle their communication of schedule changes for all markets offered
- How sports bettors will be informed by the NY betting site of odds or props changes
- New York sportsbooks' acceptance of sports wagers at other than posted terms
- How sportsbooks will handle the expiration of any winning sports wagering ticket one year after the date of the event
- How NY bettors can contact the [operator] casino sports wagering licensee for questions and complaints
- Acknowledgment of prohibited sports to bet on, and how it will be communicated to bettors
- Acknowledgment that any NY sportsbook employee who is not prohibited from sports wagering must be aware of the process to register with the commission prior to placing a sports wager
- The method of funding a sportsbook account in New York
- Minimum and maximum sports wagers by sports governing body
- Description of sports wagering rules as they relate to in-play wager
What New York Sportsbooks Rules And Regulations Were Approved?
NY sportsbooks have their own rules and regulations that were approved individually. Reviewing each sportsbook's rule book would be an extensive task because each property submitted its own list for approval.
There are a handful of regulations that are standard for every New York betting site, and they are:
- You must be 21 years of age, regardless of if you bet online or at a casino.
- There are self-exclusion lists for wagering in New York and you cannot be on that list.
- If you have a direct relation to a sports athlete, member of management or official, you cannot bet in the state of New York.
How Can I Find House Rules For Each New York Sportsbook?
To find each NY sportsbook's copy of house rules, you can go search on Google for the "(operator) + (state) + house rules" – for example, FanDuel New York house rules – or go to the brand's page and search for house rules. All NY betting sites have house rules posted.
How Can I Place A Bet In NY, And How Will The Winning Bet Be Settled?
NY bettors don't give much thought to how operators deal with the logistics of placing a bet. At the end of the day, users just want the ability to open an account, use a verified promo code, look for the game they want and place their bets.
Once bets are won, players want to be able to access the funds immediately. Sounds simple right? Well for NY betting sites, rules must be followed so the process can be seamless.
That's why you will find a section in the house rules on how bets are placed and settled. The section is usually pretty extensive; here are the main takeaways:
- Once you find the odds for the game you wish to bet on and lock your bet in, the bet cannot be changed (unless the operator offers Edit My Bet). The bet will be settled based on the listed odds once the game starts and the final settlement will happen after the game has ended.
- Delays and cancelations can happen. If a game is delayed but eventually starts, the bet is considered live. If the game is cancelled, the bet will be cancelled and the bet amount will be refunded to your account.
- New York bettors can trust that all bets will be settled on data provided from the league's official results. Once the final result is announced, bets will be settled based on the information released.
If you are looking for more detail on placement and settlement of bets per brand, check out each betting site's rules and regulations to get that information.
NY Online Sports Betting Sites Rules For Different Bet Types
There are 6 basic bet types and they are all unique in how the rules are handled. NY sports betting sites have created specific rules and regulations for each kind of bet type. Depending on the kind of bets you place, rules might vary. The main takeaways are:
- Moneyline: The most popular wager among NY bettors because of its simplicity. One the game is over, the bet is settled based on the final score. If the event ends in a tie, the bet will be a push. If the event is cancelled, the bet will be a push as well.
- Over/Under: This type of NY betting is popular among new bettors. The bets will be settled accordingly once the game is over and the final score is posted.
- Future: During the pandemic, we saw a great deal of bets canceled after sports seasons were cancelled. Sportsbooks refunded all futures bets that were voided internally.
- Parlay: New York betting sites settle these kinds of bets once all the events included in the parlay are over and official scores are released. If the bettor wins every leg of the parlay then the sportsbook will pay out the bet. If one leg is not won, then the parlay will be a loss.
- Player prop: Betting sites in New York allow for wagers to be placed on players for specific matchups. Once you chose the odds for your player, the bet will be settled based on the final player results for the event.
- Point spread, teaser etc: These type of bets are settled by making sure the spread is covered for the side chosen. A push will be called if the spread and result are the same.
New York betting sites rely on bettors to inform themselves on how sports betting works on their platforms. Most operators have their rules and regulations clearly stated. Take the time to familiarize yourself which each brand's rules and regulations.
Sport-specific betting rules
New York betting rules differ from sport to sport. Before betting on a sport that is new to you, it's best to be familiar with all the sportsbook's rules and regulations for that particular sport. Once you are familiar with the rules, then you can make smarter bets which will increase your win rate.
I have provided a high level view of what to look for when betting on each sport. Again, I encourage you to do the research to avoid any false expectations when it comes to rules and regulations.
- Rules on betting on team sports like NFL and NBA - There are many moving parts here so it's a smart move to review the rules and regulations. Take a look at starters and player injuries and how sportsbooks handles those bets if the player does not start or is scratched.
- Rules on betting on MLB – Depending on the wager, innings and how many must be played as a minimum might be a factor when settling a game for the bet to be live. The starting roster is also a factor when it comes to pitchers. Bets can be voided if a starting pitcher is changed.
- Rules on betting on NHL – Each sportsbook will accept wagers for events going through regulation time, overtime and shootouts. The devil is in the details so make sure you are clear on what the betting site is including in your bet.
- Rules on betting on UFC or Boxing: UFC events are pretty standard, but note that if a bout gets cancelled, the bet is voided. For boxing, fights scheduled that are pushed back 30 days from their original date will still be considered live. Anything over 30 days can be voided and bets can be cancelled.
- Rules on betting on MLS: Soccer betting using a New York betting operator has similar rules and regulations as NHL. Pay special attention to overtime or the event not finishing.
- Rules on betting on NASCAR: Sportsbooks in New York will be vigilant if any race is shortened because of weather. If the race is officially stopped, then the results at that point of the race will be used to settle all open bets.
- Rules on betting on professional golf: For golf bets, official results can come out after 36 out of the 72 holes are completed for any tournament. So if special circumstances come up where all 72 holes are not completed but surpass the minimum 36 holes, bets can be settled on the official score released.
What Guidelines Are Left?
YMYL (Your money, your life). Once you have decided to fund your sportsbook account, it's a smart investment of time to review sportsbook rules and regulations that pertain to your style of betting.
How your NY betting site handles cancelations, player injuries and roster changes can cost you money if you are not well informed. Take the time to look up the rules for the sport that you typically prefer for betting and look at how each betting type is handled.
These rules are there to protect you as well as the sportsbook. It's a resource that not many bettors use, but knowing how your bets are settled will help you hedge your bets or help you with your in-game betting.
I did not cover in-game betting rules and regulations. Each sportsbook handles its live betting differently because each event has its unique betting markets. You can find all the answers to your questions via each sportsbook's FAQ section.
As always, sports betting is enjoyed responsibly by managing your bankroll and respecting your budget.
NY Sports Betting Industry News
NY sports bettors have to move fast – you can bet for or against the home team almost every night. And the mobile betting landscape is changing quickly, as you can see from sports betting industry newssports betting industry news.
Responsible Sports Betting In New York
Part of our mission is to be a resource for wagering education and provide support information to New York bettors who may have a sports betting problem. We provide contacts for support groups such as the National Problem Gambling Helpline (1-800-522-4700) and the New York National Council on Problem Gambling, as well as links for ways to help prevent addiction to sports betting, such as setting deposit and wagering limits and how to self-exclude from wagering for any period of time. The state has responsible gambling programs as well.
EmpireStakes.com is an independent sports betting comparison website with affiliate links. What that means is if you click on one of our links that directs to an operator and you make a deposit, we’ll receive commission payment. Our operator recommendations and reviews for New York sports betting apps, promotions, and more are impartial as our editorial standards are commercially independent and follow a professional methodology.
New York Sports Betting FAQ
Yes, New York sports betting is legal at any casino or online sportsbook licensed by the New York State Gaming Commission. New York State launched legal online sports betting in January 2022. Four sportsbooks went live on the first day, and the five others followed over the next six months.
All NY online sportsbooks as of November 2023:
· Caesars NY | BetMGM NY · WynnBET NY | FanDuel NY · BetRivers NY | DraftKings NY · PointsBet NY | Resorts World NY · Bally Bet NY. Bally Bet NY is currently offline for improvements.
There are nine licensed online sportsbooks where you can legally make sports wagers when you are in New York state. There are 11 state and tribal casinos where you can place sports bets in NY. You must be within New York state borders to place online sports bets.
Yes, since January 2022, New York sports betting sites released attractive promos for first time bettors to take advantage of. The top online brands such as Caesars Sportsbook released an exclusive promo code: EMPIREGET that offers free bets for available betting markets.
The best way to begin is to read the reviews of the apps here on EmpireStakes.com. You also can review the best NY sportsbook promos. These NY promo codes give you access to promotions, bonuses and welcome offers that will give your betting bankroll a boost right away.
Yes, you can make sports bets using your mobile phone. Check out EmpireStakes.com reviews of the legal New York sportsbooks and you will see what options you have for mobile betting. There are some excellent apps that you can download for iOS devices or Android devices. I review both for each NY sportsbook.
Yes. You can place parlays on any sport using Caesars Sportsbooks New York, BetMGM NY and almost every other New York online sportsbook. You can place same-game parlays at most sportsbooks as those wagers are growing in popularity across the country.