What are the Bills Playoff Chances?
The Bills' playoff chances are 21.7%, according to their +360 odds to make the playoffs from DraftKings Sportsbook.
|🔥 Bills Playoff Chances||21.7% chance|
|🚫 Bills Miss Playoffs||78.3% chance|
|👑 Bills Win Super Bowl||2.9% chance|
|🏆 Bills Win AFC||5% chance|
|⭐️ Bills Win AFC East||10% chance|
|✅ Odds Last Verified||November 30, 2023|
To get the percent chance, I converted the odds from FanDuel Sportsbook into an implied probability. Every NFL team has odds to make or miss the playoffs, which converts to an implied probability of making or missing the playoffs. DraftKings currently has the Bills at +360 to make the playoffs, which converts into a 21.7% chance of making the postseason.
The Buffalo Bills had a heartbreaking 37-34 OT loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday. Philadelphia tied the game with a 59-yard field goal with 20 seconds left and then won the game with a touchdown in overtime after the Bills had to settle for a field goal in their possession.
Bills Week-by-Week Playoff Chances
The Bills currently have a 21.7% chance of making the playoffs and we will be updating it after every single game throughout the NFL season.
|↔️ Preseason||72.6% chance|
|After Week 1||66.7% chance|
|After Week 2||71.4% chance|
|After Week 3||75% chance|
|After Week 4||85.7% chance|
|After Week 5||82.6% chance|
|After Week 6||82.6% chance|
|After Week 7||63.6% chance|
|After Week 8||64.3% chance|
|After Week 9||54.5% chance|
|After Week 10||36.2% chance|
|After Week 11||38.5% chance|
|After Week 12||21.7% chance|
Bills Schedule and Betting Lines
Below is a week-by-week look at the Bills schedule, each game's point spread and the latest Bills moneyline.
|📅 Week 1 @ New York Jets||Bills (0-1) lose 22-16 (OT)|
|📅 Week 2 vs. Las Vegas Raiders||Bills (1-1) win 38-10|
|📅 Week 3 @ Washington Commanders||Bills (2-1) win 37-3|
|📅 Week 4 vs. Miami Dolphins||Bills (3-1) win 48-20|
|📅 Week 5 vs. JAX (London)||Bills (3-2) lose 25-20|
|📅 Week 6 vs. NYG (Sunday Night Football)||Bills (4-2) win 14-9|
|📅 Week 7 @ New England Patriots||Bills (4-3) lose 29-25|
|📅 Week 8 vs. TB (Thursday Night Football)||Bills (5-3) win 24-18|
|📅 Week 9 @ CIN (Sunday Night Football)||Bills (5-4) lose 24-18|
|📅 Week 10 vs. DEN (Monday Night Football)||Bills (5-5) lose 24-22|
|📅 Week 11 vs. New York Jets||Bills (6-5) win 32-6|
|📅 Week 12 @ Philadelphia Eagles||Bills (6-6) lose 37-34 (OT)|
|📅 Week 13||🏈 BYE|
|📅 Week 14 @ Kansas City Chiefs||🏈 Bills +3.5, ML +145|
|📅 Week 15 vs. Dallas Cowboys||🏈 Bills -4, ML -192|
|📅 Week 16 @ LAC (Saturday)||🏈 Bills -1, ML -115|
|📅 Week 17 vs. NE (New Year's Eve)||🏈 Bills -6.5, ML -270|
|📅 Week 18 @ Miami Dolphins||🏈 Bills +1.5, ML +102|
|✅ Data Verified by Expert||November 30, 2023|
Buffalo is now 6-6 on the season following their loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. The Bills will have their bye this week before going on the road to play the Kansas City Chiefs in Week 14.
Bills Playoff Chances: Key Updates November 2023
- 📅 Nov. 26: Bills lose 37-34 in OT to the Eagles.
- 📅 Nov. 19: Bills rout Jets 32-6.
- 📅 Nov. 14: Bills fire offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey.
- 📅 Nov. 13: Bills lose 24-22 to the Broncos.
- 📅 Nov. 5: Bills lose 24-18 to the Bengals.
- 📅 Oct. 30: Bills sign RB Leonard Fournette.
- 📅 Oct. 23: Bills TE Dawson Knox undergoes wrist surgery.
- 📅 Oct. 9: Sean McDermott announces LB Matt Milano and DT DaQuan Jones are out indefinitely.
- 📅 Oct. 7: Bills lose 25-20 to Jacksonville in Week 5.
- 📅 Oct. 7: Bills activate DE Von Miller from IR, place CB Tre'Davious on IR.
- 📅 Oct. 2: Bills reveal DE Von Miller will return to practice this week after missing the first four games.
- 📅 Oct. 2: Bills announce CB Tre'Davious White will miss the remainder of the season with a torn Achilles.
- 📅 Oct. 1: Bills blowout Dolphins 48-20 in Week 4.
- 📅 Sept. 12: Bills lose 22-16 to the Jets in Week 1.
- 📅 Aug. 29: Bills place Von Miller on PUP, to miss first four games.
- 📅 Aug. 15: Bills OT Brandon Shell announces retirement from NFL.
- 📅 July 25: Bills place RB/KR Nyheim Hines on Reserve/NFI (non-football injury) list.
- 📅 July 23: Bills announce contract extensions for head coach Sean McDermot and GM Brandon Beane through the 2027 season.
- 📅 June 13: WR Stefon Diggs meets with team leaders and doctors in Buffalo, but does not participate in minicamp.
- 📅 June 6: Bills sign DE Leonard Floyd to a one-year deal.
- 📅 June 5: Bills sign DT Ed Oliver to a four-year contract extension.
- 📅 May 23: WR Stefon Diggs is among Bills players skipping OTAs.
- 📅 April 29: Florida WR Justin Shorter, Ole Miss guard Nick Broeker and Oregon St. CB Alex Austin are drafted on Day 3.
- 📅 April 28: Florida guard O'Cyrus Torrence and Tulane LB Dorian Williams are drafted on Day 2.
- 📅 April 27: The Bills draft Utah TE Dalton Kincaid with the 25th pick in the 2023 NFL Draft to bolster their tight end room.
- 📅 April 20: Buffalo signs kicker Tyler Bass to a four-year, $21M contract extension.
- 📅 April 18: The Bills re-sign DE Shaq Lawson to a one-year deal.
- 📅 April 17: Buffalo re-signs LB A.J. Klein to a one-year deal.
- 📅 April 6: The Bills re-sign DT Jordan Phillips to a one-year deal.
- 📅 March 31: Buffalo signs safety Taylor Rapp to a one-year deal.
- 📅 March 21: The Bills sign former Patriots RB Damien Harris to a one-year deal.
- 📅 March 17: The Bills release WR Isaiah McKenzie and re-sign CB Dane Jackson to a one-year deal.
- 📅 March 16: The Bills sign QB Kyle Allen, guard Connor McGovern, and WR Deonte Harty to strengthen their offense.
- 📅 March 15: The Bills re-sign safety Jordan Poyer to a two-year deal.
- 📅 March 12: Buffalo re-signs starting LB Matt Milano to a two-year contract extension.
- 📅 Feb. 28: The Bills announce defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier is taking a leave of absence. He has been the team’s defensive coordinator since 2017.
Bookmark this page for more news updates on the Buffalo Bills throughout the season.
Key Contributors Towards Bills Playoff Chances
The Bills are led by quarterback Josh Allen, who is one of the best players in the NFL, and after a stellar game against the Eagles, his MVP odds improved to +2000 after Week 12, which is tied for seventh.
Also in the NFL honors conversation, safety Damar Hamlin has a 71.4% chance of winning Comeback Player of the Year after his miraculous recovery from sustaining cardiac arrest on the field vs. the Bengals last season. That number increased after he was active once again in Week 12.
On defense, Buffalo will be led by their defensive line featuring Von Miller, Greg Rousseau, and Leonard Floyd as well as starting safeties Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer. Both dealt with injuries last season.
Where Can I Bet on the Bills to Make the Playoffs?
Currently, you can bet on the Bills' playoff chances at BetMGM NY, DraftKings NY, and any other NY sportsbook.
The Bills are now favored to miss the playoffs, but if you have faith in Buffalo to make the playoffs, most NY sportsbooks will offer these betting options.
Looking Ahead: Bills' Playoff Picture
The Bills are expected to miss the playoffs for the first time since 2018, while Buffalo is also not favored to win the AFC East for the first time since 2019.
The Bills are coming off a disappointing season, having been blown out by the Bengals in the AFC Division Round after making the AFC Championship game the year prior.
Buffalo, however, will enter the season without Pro Bowl LB Tremaine Edmunds, who left in free agency to sign with the Chicago Bears. Who starts in his place is yet to be determined, but Tyrel Dodson has been getting the bulk of first-team reps in practice and preseason games.
Do the Bills Have A Chance To Make The Playoffs?
Yes, the Buffalo Bills have a chance of making the playoffs. The Bills sit at a 21.7% chance of making the playoffs.
Are the Bills Out of the Playoffs?
No, the Bills are not out of the playoffs as Buffalo is 6-6. FanDuel is giving Buffalo a 78.3% chance of missing the playoffs, which means for the first time this season, the Bills are expected to miss the playoffs this season.
Where Do the Buffalo Bills Rank in the AFC Playoff Standings?
Buffalo is currently the 10th seed in the AFC playoff standings as the Bills are not in a playoff spot. Buffalo has the eighth-best odds in the AFC to make the playoffs.
Where Do the Buffalo Bills Rank in the AFC Wild Card Race?
The Bills are currently holding onto the eighth seed in the AFC, which is just right outside of the playoffs.
Can the Buffalo Bills Get the No. 1 Seed?
Yes, the Bills still can get the No. 1 seed in the AFC, although it is unlikely. Buffalo is 6-6 and is trailing the likes of the Miami Dolphins and Kansas City Chiefs. The Bills still play both of them one more time this season. However, at this rate, Buffalo will need to win out and get some help from other teams if they are going to be the No. 1 seed.
Bills Postseason Outlook and Predictions
As long as Josh Allen is at quarterback, the Bills are one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl. However, a knock on offense is at wide receiver, where the Bills do not have a clear-cut No. 2 option behind Stefon Diggs.
The big news for the Bills was the fact they were able to re-sign S Jordan Poyer. LB Von Miller is expected to be back in the first few weeks, which gives Buffalo's pass rush a huge boost. The defense will be intensely watched after it struggled against the Bengals in the playoffs last season, and after losing Pro Bowl LB Tremaine Edmunds in free agency.
Ultimately, Buffalo is one of the most complete teams in the NFL and should be among the favorites to win the Super Bowl and will likely win the AFC East for the fourth straight year.
Buffalo Bills Playoffs FAQ
Buffalo currently has a 21.7% chance of making the playoffs, according to FanDuel, which decreased following their Week 12 loss. Following a very inconsistent season, the Bills are now expected to miss the playoffs.
No, the Buffalo Bills are not out of the playoffs. But, New York sportsbooks are now favoring Buffalo to miss the playoffs.
Yes, the Bills still have a chance to make the playoffs as there are still eight more games to go. Based on assessments from oddsmakers at FanDuel NY, the Bills' playoff chances are 21.7%.
Fans can bet on the Bills to make or miss the playoffs on New York sportsbooks such as DraftKings and BetMGM, among others. You also can bet on the Bills to win their division, conference and Super Bowl.
Cole Shelton is an NFL sports betting expert for EmpireStakes.com, focusing on the Bills' playoff chances and Super Bowl odds. His work has appeared in several sports and fantasy outlets, including Rotowire, CBS Sports and Sportskeeda. With a background in sports betting that ranges from NFL to MMA, his wide-reaching knowledge will surely deliver the best information for Bills fans and New York bettors.