Weekly mobile New York sports betting figures for the week ending April 23 showed why New York is tops in the nation.
The numbers also had the state’s No. 1 operator, FanDuel NY, cross over another major milestone.
Total mobile handle posted at more than $373 million, a huge $51.76 million increase from the week before ($321.37M).
The weekly report, as always, came from the New York State Gaming Commission (NYSGC).
Total Gross Gaming Revenue (GGR) generated more than $45 million, which was $1.78 million more than last week ($43.25 million). It also was the highest recorded since more than $57.45 million for the week ending Jan. 22.
Weekly tax posted at more than $22.96 million. New York has a tax rate of 51%, which is tied with New Hampshire for the nation's highest.
Since launch on Jan. 8, 2002, the state has handled more than $22.4 billion, generated more than $1.88 billion in total GGR and collected more than $959 million in taxes.
Significant Milestones Among Providers
Going inside the New York betting apps numbers, several significant milestones were posted.
- Eight of the nine had increases in weekly handle, highlighted by FanDuel Sportsbook New York. FanDuel posted more than $150.38 million, a solid $14 million increase from the previous week.
- More importantly, FanDuel went over the $9 billion mark in cumulative handle. Since launch, FanDuel has posted more than $9.057 billion in handle, $918.49 million in total GGR and $468 million in taxes paid to Albany.
- Resorts World New York blew away its best-ever weekly figure. RW generated more than $3.47 million in total handle, a $1.69 million increase from the state's last report and its largest since first appearing in weekly figures March 6, 2022.
- DraftKings Sportsbook New York posted $129.27 million in total handle, a big $27.28 million jump from a week ago. DK passed the $500M mark in cumulative GGR. Since launch, DraftKings has generated more than $6.58 billion in handle, $512.65 million in GGR and $261.45 million in taxes.
- Caesars Sportsbook NY recorded over $47.1 million in total handle, a nice $6 million jump from the previous week.