FanDuel made it clear that it is more than ready to start NY Sports Betting Apps today by wooing customers and making key partnerships.
For Saturday’s 9 a.m. kickoff, FanDuel New York is offering a risk-free first bet of $1,000 for new bettors in the state. FanDuel said its first bet in New York was taken Saturday at 9:01 a.m. It was $21 on the Over Total Points (43.5) at -105 for the Cowboys-Eagles game. The bet has a potential total payout of $41.
FanDuel Sportsbook, which bills itself as America’s No. 1 sportsbook, heralded all that customers can expect in New York. In a company release, FanDuel said its app is secure and convenient with several features, including:
- New Way to Parlay: The company touts Same Game Parlay Plus, in which players can combine its trademarked Same Game Parlay bets from one game with bets from other games.
- An Innovative Spirit: Fan Duel points to firsts in the areas of parlays, live streaming early payouts and its crowd-sourced Spread the Love promotion.
- Customer Focused: FanDuel has around-the-clock customer service, safe and secure payouts and speedy payouts.
- Sports Betting 101: Look for FanDuel’s online betting guide, which shows customers the ropes when it comes to online gaming.
- Responsible Gaming: FanDuel promotes responsible play by having tools in its app that allow customers to set limits on time, deposit and wagers, plus instructions on how to get support services.
On Thursday, the New York State Gaming Commission (NYSGC) said FanDuel could begin taking mobile sports bets as early as 9 a,m. Saturday.
The other three operators set to go Saturday are DraftKings NY, Caesars and Rush Street International (parent company of BetRivers).
Betting on the Buffalo Bills
Also on Thursday, FanDuel touted a new a multi-year partnership as the official mobile sports betting partner of the Buffalo Bills. This comes days before the Bills try to wrap up their second consecutive AFC East title.
The Bills will give FanDuel access to a range of media assets, including TV and radio spots and in-game signage and activations at Highmark Stadium. FanDuel also will be allowed to use Bills logos and serve as the presenting sponsor of Bills by the Numbers, a podcast hosted by Steve Tasker and Chris Brown.
"The Bills take pride in being a culture that is built on genuine connection with their fans, and we are absurdly fan-focused at FanDuel, making this a natural collaboration,” said Mike Raffensperger, CMO of FanDuel Group. “As we prepare to bring America’s No. 1 sportsbook to New York state, we will collaborate with the Bills to bring unique content and experiences to one of the most loyal fanbases in sports.”
FanDuel Has Presence Upstate
FanDuel’s retail sportsbook in New York had to figure into the NYSGC deeming the company among the first to begin mobile sports operations.
FanDuel is one of four sports betting companies to already operate a retail sportsbook in upstate New York, at Tioga Downs Casino in Nichols. Both Tioga Downs and The Meadowlands are owned and operated by Jeff Gural.
Also, FanDuel opened a live retail sportsbook in Maryland at Live! Casino and Hotel in Hanover in December.
Saturday’s launch marks the 13th state in which FanDuel Sportsbook will be available for iOS and Android, including Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia.